The cryptocurrency market has seen multi-million-dollar NFT sales, Dogecoin drama, intense cryptocurrency price volatility, ransomware hackers being compensated with Bitcoins, as well as growing concern over the environment caused by cryptocurrency mining. This was just the tip of the iceberg of a larger movement. As a powerful, decentralized alternative to the dominant fiat system of money and banking, cryptocurrency and its blockchain underpin are evolving rapidly.
The following are some thoughts about what cryptocurrency, bitcoin, NFTs, and blockchain hold for the near future:
1. Cryptocurrencies will grow in popularity; therefore, their value will increase. There will be more companies accepting and trading cryptocurrency in the future, and investors will have access to ETFs, ETPs, and other investment vehicles via companies like Fidelity.
2. Despite its popularity and market dominance, Bitcoin will be overtaken soon by other currencies. Despite the perception (which has been with us for years), bitcoin is already overvalued because it is so expensive. In addition to Ethereum, Litecoins, Monero, and Polkadot are expected to rebound and other cryptocurrencies that offer NFT blockchain and marketplace services.
3. Bankers will encourage regulators to act more aggressively once it becomes big and popular. It will become a game of Whack-a-Mole to regulate crypto, where prices, transactions, and exchanges will constantly be scrutinized as moving targets. If and when cryptocurrencies become popular, there is a major threat here. Regulators will be extremely aggressive if that happens. As well, NFTs are not well regulated, although their definition is hazy.
4. NFTs are expected to become more prevalent. Even owning a small piece of something highly valuable (or just something they perceive as valuable) may be attractive to some investors. There are no real regulations here, “buyer beware,” till something occurs to shake up the model.
5. In the future, NFTs will enable more people to acquire digital assets rather than physical ones since new digital assets can be created faster, and creators will go for what’s easy and what has the greatest growth potential. The fact remains, however, that nothing is preventing those with valuable physical assets from monetizing them.
6. We’ll continue to see blockchain applications emerging in the future, but slowly. Voting outside the US will likely grow much more rapidly than inside it, given how political voting is in the US (although the US is unique in offering military members and their families overseas the ability to vote by phone).
Let’s get deeper into what the future of cryptocurrencies, bitcoin, blockchain and NFTs is that you must know:
It is possible to speculate about the future value of cryptocurrency and many do. However, the reality is that this is still a speculative investment with little historical data to base forecasts on.
Whatever an expert says or thinks, no one can know. To maintain long-term wealth, you should only invest what you’re prepared to lose and avoid more unconventional investments.
Are you okay with the idea that developed nations might ban crypto one day and make it worthless?” Fred Stanfield asked the question.
Invest in cryptocurrencies in small amounts, and don’t put them above other financial goals like saving for retirement or repaying high-interest debts.
Cryptocurrencies will disrupt traditional finance because their most attractive feature is the ability to transfer funds between borders at little to no cost, delay, or fluctuation in foreign currency. The next AOL could be bitcoin and make a lot of people wealthy until it is displaced by better technology in the next 50 years if bitcoin makes a lot of money for a long time.
Founder and director of Arizona State University’s Blockchain Research Lab, Dragan Boscovic, says
Cryptocurrency regulations are currently under development by central bank authorities. In the next decade, digital currencies will likely be mainstream because they are part of the digital economy.
Bitcoin’s evolution is likely to be impacted by the next decade. A few areas within Bitcoin’s ecosystem are worth paying attention to, apart from its impact on the financial industry.
As a payment mechanism or as an asset class, for that matter, Bitcoin will have to undergo technological improvements in its ecosystem before becoming mainstream. A Bitcoin blockchain needs to have the ability to process millions of transactions in a short amount of time to be considered a viable investment asset or form of payment.
Lightning Network is one such technology that promises scale. With cryptocurrency hard forks such as Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold, the Bitcoin blockchain’s performance can be improved to handle more transactions at a faster rate.
Bitcoin futures enable investors to invest in bitcoin, but it’s not the only way to do so. The main reason for placing shares in bitcoin is the potential gain in value if its price goes up or down, or both simultaneously. Furthermore, Bitcoin derivatives are also popular for traders since they help them control their portfolio’s performance – their gains and losses are visible via charts and graphs.
In exchange for selling a few bitcoins at a set price, individuals can hedge against fluctuations in bitcoin prices.
Since a global pandemic occurred, nearly every field has undergone a radical change. Global corporations had to operate remotely since people didn’t have access to the internet from their homes. Blockchain technology was also adapted as a means of implementing digital transformation. On the other hand, focusing on the functionality of the blockchain, in the long run, is more sensible. Here are a few predictions about how blockchain will develop in the future.
Blockchain technology does not require radically altering existing processes for the banking and finance industries to adopt it. Financial institutions readily accept blockchain technology for conventional banking operations. The costs of financial service providers can be reduced by $15 billion to $20 billion a year by 2022 by leveraging distributed ledger technology and blockchain technology.
Businesses will need professionals who have the right blockchain skills and knowledge as blockchain technology gains traction worldwide. Despite blockchain’s popularity, there is still an extremely limited supply of blockchain talent.
A recent report from Upwork reports that the demand for blockchain professionals has grown dramatically. There are not many blockchain engineers available since the technology is relatively new, and there is little awareness.
Those interested in a career in blockchain have a wide variety of exciting opportunities. Blockchain technology also has a huge skill gap, so blockchain professionals tend to be better compensated.
New governance models are needed to regulate the blockchain landscape, which is booming. Blockchain technology will flourish in the future owing to the new governance models that ensure the standardization of information from various sources.
Additionally, new governance models can facilitate the collection of more robust data sets. Organizations will be required to use a scalable governance model in the future as a part of their blockchain environment.
The functionality of smart contracts is the most futuristic feature of blockchain technology. A smart contract works by automatically performing certain tasks after certain conditions are met.
The state of interconnectedness is not at its peak yet. In addition to interoperability, seamless service across multiple platforms is also imperative. For organizations to join an industry-wide blockchain network, standards and governance about interconnection and interoperability among permissioned and permissionless blockchain networks are important.
Globally, non-fungible tokens are adopted at an increasing, thrilling rate by individuals and enterprises alike.
Most of the world’s transactions are conducted over blockchains, but NFTs have historically faced difficulties due to cost barriers, disorganized ecosystems, poor user experiences, and technical limitations.
The Enjin vision is to establish a scalable, cross-chain token network that increases the accessibility, affordability, and speed of NFT creation, use, and trading, thus increasing adoption and volume.
The NFTs may be used by practically any industry, potentially enabling the monetization of trillions of dollars of unique and illiquid assets.
In the future, the number of things we need to process will increase exponentially. We will need more resources and resources themselves will become more complex. This is a reason why NFTs are going to cause a lot of disruption in the industry.
Connect with us to find out what true value added services are.
Join us for get latest updates